Subject: Re: Lightwave 3.2 (FWD)
From: Allen D Hastings <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 03:40:05 -0700

> What will you need to run the unbundled LW? I have heard that you need 2 
> megs of chip ram? It will not run in 1 meg? Is this because it suports 
> only AGA? would say a A2000 with picassoII run it? will it suport gfx 
> cards?

I don't know where people get these rumors...
 
I'm running 3.5 on the old A2000 I've been using since 1988.  It has
1 meg of chip ram (and of course no AGA).  LightWave's interface can
run at 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 on the Picasso II or other boards that
can use a mode-promotion utility like ChangeScreen, although Layout
preview playback, the color swatch screens, and Modeler currently have
problems with such modes (these problems go away when you switch back
to 672 x 432 mode).  You can also choose between four and eight color
interfaces on any type of machine (AGA was required for eight colors
in 3.1).  You should expect the program to use more ram in general than
3.1, although the amount of segment memory used during rendering is now
adjustable.
 
- Allen Hastings